As a boutique style university , the main campus of the American University of Cyprus is located in the heart of the historical capital city, Nicosia, which provides high quality education via ‘’Liberal Arts’’ system. Our students experience an academic life like no other with their surroundings immersed in history and with buildings of such stature that their lives are filled with awe. The focus of AUC is to create a learning environment that encourages students to embrace the culture that surrounds us. The international environment at AUC gives you many opportunities to feel part of the larger community.
The university is an ever evolving institution that has grown at a rapid pace with the nucleus being centered round the qualified local as well as international lecturers, the friendly administrative team and ancillary staff. AUC is accredited by the Turkish Council of Higher Education (YÖK) and by the North Cyprus Higher Education Planning, Evaluation, Accreditation and Coordination Board (YÖDAK). One of our central aims is that you should be able to compete for jobs internationally and to think of yourself as a global citizen.
- Study alongside international students on campus from all over the World.
- Join an institution that will challenge you to think beyond the textbook, and apply that knowledge to the world around you
- We believe in rewarding international applicants who show exceptional academic achievement and potential.
- Take advantage of outstanding Study Abroad options in the United Kingdom, the United States, Turkey, Hong Kong, Sri Lanka as well as Moldova.
- Benefit from any academic degree program offered by either AUC or our sister university, GAU.
- Make your home in our friendly and cost-effective city.
- Be a culture vulture! As the island main tourist attraction, Nicosia is the place to learn all main historical and government offices nearby, there is much to experience.
How to apply AUC?
American University of Cyprus welcomes all applications from everyone with the potential to succeed in higher education. You can apply to AUC by completing an application form on http://www.auc.edu.tr/en/prospective-students/application_form or contact us by phone or email and we can send the application form to you via email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
General Entry Requirements and Qualifications for Undergraduate Admissions
- General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) Exam results
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) Exam results
- WAEC/NECO/NABTEB Exam results -for West African students
- Higher Secondary Certificate Exam results -for Pakistani, Indian and Bangladesh students
- International Baccalaureate Exam results
- Tawjihi Exam results -for Jordanian and Palestinian students
- Baccalaureate Exam results -for Lebanese, Iraqi and Syrian students
- Diploma Debiresta Exam results -for Iranian students
- High School Diploma -for all other Overseas students
- Completed application form
- Copies of all academic records, certificates and transcripts
- Photocopy of international passport.
- Copy of English language qualification such as IELTS, TOEFL (Students without an acceptable IELTS or TOEFL qualification can instead sit an English Language exam after the registration to the University).
- Copies of transcripts -for transfer students only
- Bachelor’s Degree transcripts and certificate -for Master’s Degree applicants only
- Bachelor’s Degree transcripts and certificate, Master’s Degree transcripts and certificate -for PhD applicants only
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) –for graduate level applicants only
Costs and Scholarships
The annual tuition fee for all international students studying in Bachelor Degree programs in American University of Cyprus ranges from € 4,500 per academic year to €6,000 per academic year depending on the subject of study. The tuition fee for Master Degree programs is € 6,500 and the PhD programs is €8,000.
In addition to the tuition fee, there are other fees paid by the students which are stated in the below:
- Registration Fee (Bachelor Degree per academic year) 250 Euro
- Registration Fee (PhD Programs once only) 400 Euro
- Registration Fee (Master Degree Programs once only) 250 Euros
- Academic Activity Fee (per semester) 125 Euro
*all fees are subject to a 5% VAT charge.
- Health Insurance Fee (per academic year) 60 Euro
AUC is currently offering a 50% tuition scholarship to its international students for all Associate, Bachelor and Master Degree programs in addition to the programs offered by AUC in affiliation with Girne American University (GAU) during 2018-2019 academic year.
AUC is also rewarding its international students by providing tuition scholarships ranging from 75% to 100%.
With AUC Regal Dwellings ”This is Your Home”
The living spaces offered by American University of Cyprus to its students, are of 5- star hotel standards with their modern design and comfort. At the university residences, the comfort and security of students are procured with 24 hours service.
American University of Cyprus Regal Residences exist at a location that has easy transportation and access to every point of the town; so, with the said characteristics, the living spaces are considered to have a positive effect facilitating students social lives.
Moving to a new city in a new country can be an exciting time in anyone’s life. Be prepared for your life and lifestyle to be different from your experience back home. The surrounding area of AUC is a mass of color and charm enticing to the mind and challenging to the senses, with the university combining a modern and technical place of learning with the historic and cultural setting. AUC holds Orientation Days for new students to help its students to engage them in social activities while meeting other new students and immersing the Cypriot culture. Whole academic year is filled with cultural activities, educational seminars and art exhibitions to make its students’ experience more memorable.
There are Student Clubs to join to interact with the other students whom share mutual interests in such as:
- Photography Club
- Chess Club
- Theater Club
- Green Moon Club
- AKUT Club
The AUC Library provides quality services to meet the diverse needs of students, faculty and staff by constantly developing and updating the information resources that are available in the library with its extensive book collection.
Arabahmet Culture and Art House
Arabahmet Culture and Art House has a very old structure like the other buildings of the district. The stone-arched entrance gate and walls are from Venetian period and they are at least 430 years old. Students and public can enjoy theater plays and other activities held throughout a year in the mystical atmosphere of this building.
AUC Ottoman Library
The Ottoman Library was founded as homage to the island’s three-century-long Ottoman past from 1571 to 1878 and to consolidate the architectural and cultural reflections of Turkish Cypriot identity.
AUC Ottoman Library is not only a place consisting of rare books but it also serves as a center where Ottoman Turkish art is practiced and displayed. It also aims to serve as a cultural bridge between Cyprus and the rest of the world.
The AUC Cafe in the campus is an ideal place for students to study and socialize while enjoying a Cypriot bakery and an international selection of delights with a variety of hot and cold beverages.