METU Northern Cyprus Campus offers:
- Internationally recognized degrees;
- Exceptionally qualified international faculty,
- Flexible interdisciplinary programs,
- Teaching in small groups, and close contact with the faculty members,
- Outstanding learning environment and exceptional career-building opportunities,
- Modern, high-tech Campus with excellent facilities,
- Academic excellence at very affordable cost,
- A wide range of activities, rich international academic and social interaction in a multicultural environment
The British company Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) has announced the 2017 rankings of the world’s top universities by subject. METU, which appeared in the list with 12 subjects last year, is among the world’s “top” universities in 15 scientific subjects, thus representing Turkey in the highest number of fields.
In QS Broad Subject Area rankings, METU was ranked;
– 259th in Engineering & Technology
– 308th in Natural Sciences
– 389th in Social Studies and Management
– in the first 500 universities in Arts & Humanities.
METU is one of the Turkish universities that have ranked 45th in ‘the World’s Top 100 Universities’ list for Mineral & Mining Engineering subject area. In addition, METU was listed:
– in the first 150 universities in 2 subject areas (Architecture, Civil & Structural Engineering)
– in the first 200 universities in 5 subject areas (Statistics & Operational Research, Education, Politics & International Studies, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Mechanical, Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering),
– in the first 250 universities in 2 subject areas (Chemical Engineering, Material Sciences)
– in the first 300 universities in 1 subject area (Computer Science & Information Systems)
– in the first 350 universities in 1 subject area (Physics & Astronomy)
– in the first 400 universities in 2 subject areas (Economics and Econometrics, Mathematics)
– in the first 450 universities in 1 subject area (Chemistry)
The rankings can be found at http://www.topuniversities.com/subject-rankings .
METU appeared in ‘the World’s top 100 universities’ list for Mineral & Mine Engineering. In addition, METU appeared in ‘the World’s top 150 universities’ list in 4 subjects (Statistics & Operational Research, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Civil & Structural Engineering, Mechanical, Aeronautical & Manufacturing Engineering), in ‘the World’s top 200 universities’ list in 4 subjects (Politics & International Studies, Education, Earth & Marine Sciences, Chemical Engineering), in ‘the World’s top 300 universities’ list in 2 subjects (Physics & Astronomy, Computer Science & Information Systems) and in ‘the World’s top 350 universities’ list in 1 subject (Mathematics).
According to UK based Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) 2015-2016 rankings of world universities by subject, out of 3,551, 400 most successful universities determined by their performances on research papers in 36 individual subjects areas, METU entered in the top 431-440 universities band list with 10 subjects areas, being the highest ranking Turkish university in the QS listings.
Civil and Structural Engineering and Mechanical-Aeronautical-Manufacturing Engineering subjects are the only fields from Turkey represented by our university to be in the top 100 university list.
Additionally, METU is listed among the first 150 with 2 subjects’ areas; Statistics-Operational Research and Electrical and Electronics Engineering. Also, we have been listed in the first 200 with 3 subjects’ areas; Political and International Studies, Education and Marine Sciences. Mathematics, Computing Sciences and Information Systems subjects have been among the first 250. We have been listed among the first 300 universities in Physics and Astronomy.
METU became the first and only university in Turkey to enter the “World’s Top 100 Universities (Ranked 85th)” list according to the “World University Rankings 2014-2015”, released by the UK-based Times Higher Education (THE).
Middle East Technical University is placed among the top 60 universities in the “World Reputation Rankings 2013″, announced by the Times Higher Education (THE). ODTÜ moved up in this year’s list to rank in the 51-60 band of universities.
METU entered THE “Top Universities by Reputation” list of 2012, and it was the first and only Turkish university to be included in the top 100 world universities (91-100 band).