|Date of Establishment||15.11.1983|
|Colour of Flag||Red and White|
|Neighbouring Countries||Turkey, Syria, Lebanon , Israel, Egypt.|
|Religion||% 98 Muslim, % 2 Others|
- Cyprus is the most easterly of the Mediterranean islands and the third largest in the area after Sicily and Sardinia in the Mediterranean.
- At the nearest coastal points it is 40 miles from Turkey, 60 miles from Syria, and 250 miles from Egypt.
- Turkish (Türkçe) is the official language of North Cyprus, but English is also widely used and understood.
- North Cyprus is a secular state with no official religion, although 98% of the population are Muslim. The Catholic Maronites, Orthodox Greek-Cypriots, Baha’is, small number of Anglicans and the others make up the remaining 2%.
- The geography of North Cyprus is characterized by a unique blend of mountains, plains, and beaches. The Kyrenia (Beşparmak / Five Finger) mountain range, with its magnificent jagged limestone peaks, the highest of which is Mount İçova at 3,357 ft. runs along most of the northern coastline from a startling backdrop.
- To the south of the Kyrenia range lies Nicosia (Lefkoşa), the capital of North Cyprus, through which runs the boundary, or as it is called `The Green Line’ separating the North from South Cyprus.
- The other major centers are the tourist resorts of Famagusta (Mağusa), Kyrenia (Girne), and the citrus center of Güzelyurt (Morphou).
- The total population of North Cyprus is about 320,000.
- The official governing state, Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC), was established in 1983.
- There are daily scheduled flights from major European, Asian and African capitals and from the major cities of Turkey to Ercan Airport in Northern Cyprus. There are also ferryboats running from the Turkish ports of Istanbul, Antalya, Alanya, Mersin and Taşucu; from Haifa, Israel; and Lattakia, Syria to the North Cyprus ports of Famagusta and Kyrenia.
- The citizens of European Union (EU) nations, Turkey, USA, Canada, Mexico, Israel, Japan, Singapore, Switzerland, Iceland, Norway, Australia, New Zealand and many other countries do not require visa to visit North Cyprus.
- The major industries in North Cyprus are tourism, education and agriculture, which all belong to the services sector. There are more than 101,000 university students currently enrolled in 16 major universities in North Cyprus.